Friday, May 18, 2007

~ Friday Art, Cleaning or What?

**Thank You Everyone for letting me know how you liked it and which name was best to you!
I appreciate you taking the time to post your notes!

After a bit of lunch, I guess I'll have to go visit some dust bunnies. Maybe I should go put on an apron like sweet Kim at Daisy Cottage does and see if that helps. But I'm not getting high hopes.
I've been working away on art, but not getting any quicker. I could work on one thing for days and days and keep changing it. So I'll have to stop doing that silly dance. I do intend to start putting things in Etsy soon. All the first pieces are gone, so I'm working on new goodies.

The last couple of days I've been working on the banner/title for my Etsy shop.
It will appear larger than you see it here. If you click on the banner above, you can see it better on the Etsy site.

How do you like it? It was a lot of work to stay in that strange size and still keep adding the elements I wanted.
The other thing I've gone back and forth which of our business names to use for the Etsy shop, The Decorated House or Courtney Designs. Both our art/illustration business and my interior design have used both. I created The Decorated House about 6 years ago when I had my site on msn before they closed down their groups.

What do you think?

18 comments:

  1. I love your new banner. I want to visit your shop.
    Have a great weekend!!
    Rosemary

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the banner! That green is so great. Also, I like "The Decorated House." I think it's more unique. I'm sure either way you'll have great success!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love your banner. I am new to blogging but will have to learn how to make my site as appealing and draw people to my website. I love your site!
    Trish
    http://www.trishishere.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like it! I know how much work it takes.....I have tried myself without success:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I vote for Decorated House. So many that have found you through blogging (or through GI), know your work as Decorated House and it would be so much easier for us to find!
    Keep up the wonderful work. I did my first altered art for Mother's Day. Came out pretty good, not anywhere in your league, but it was a fun start.
    MimiG

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like the banner - it looks elegent and the colors make it look hip and fun. I agree with MimiG and vote for the Decorated House.

    Manuela

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Donna..I love the banner and The Decorated House sounds like a winner to me!

    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  8. Donna, the banner is beautiful (great colors!), and I agree that The Decorated House is unique and easy to remember.

    I'd love to add your shop to the list on my blog, if that's ok with you.

    Hope you're having a good weekend!'

    Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think the banner colore are just lovely, so rich and elegant.
    I love the Decorated House name as well.

    I look forwward to the shop! I do believe that shopping is what I do best. : )

    I know you will be sucessful no matter what the name...

    Hugs,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Donna, glad to have found you again, love your site and thank you for commenting on my blog a while back. Sorry it took so long to respond. Your banner is lovely, that is how I remember who has the cool kitchen that I love, it's the lady with the William Morris style banner. I vote to keep the name The Decorated House, you have built up a nice following here. Please stop by and visit again.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Donna,

    The banner looks great, crisp and Modern. Love the colors, and it just fits the etsy format well.

    Can't wait to see what you will be selling!
    Lidy

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love it...I love the color combo and the design. I can't wait to see your Etsy store!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The banner looks great and I vote for Decorated House.

    Good luck to you !!

    I just love your blog !!!

    Kathy =)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the new banner.
    I vote for The Decorated House

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the colors and style of the banner. My vote is for The Decorated House too :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the banner and the name and now I cannot wait to see what delicious offerings will be featured in your Etsy shop!
    XO

    ReplyDelete

Everyone loves comments! Thanks for stopping by and for taking a moment to leave a little note. (Comment moderation maybe be on at this time. Simply leave your note, and it will be published shortly.)
Donna