Monday, December 14, 2009

~ White Christmas Decorating, a Bird Nest & a Winged Santos - Cage Doll

This little bird nest is very special to me. Several years ago while Sweet Hubby was cutting the bottom off the Christmas tree and getting ready to bring in the house, he found this little treasure. Of course I know that birds make nests in trees and this isn't all that unusual. But in all the years of Christmas trees past, it is the only one we've ever found. He was so excited to show it to me. I did a search that year and saw that some people say it is a little good luck sign.

The first few years it was tucked in the tree as an ornament. As it began to become more fragile, I have decorated with it in some other way, and so it has been a part of our decorations every Christmas for about the last 7 or 8 years.


This year it is in a cloche, bell jar on in the living room bay window.




Along with my lovely winged Santos Angel




For this year, she also has a new crown.


Sometimes you can find these Santos, cage dolls with wings.
More often they are articulated, but do not have wings.
This one was purchased at Jeannie Taylor Gallery
in Sanford, FL.

See Y'all Soon~

11 comments:

  1. You have such an instinct for beauty dear girl! Both displays are stunning...

    ReplyDelete
  2. We've never found a nest in a Christmas tree - that's over 20 years of real trees and no nest. I would treasure one too if we were so lucky. That's a beautiful display!

    Manuela

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful decor. I love the Santos ~ they are so meaningful to me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The story of your bird's nest is wonderful, and it's great to hear that you use it every year. I love it in the cloche--beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just found your blog and it is just beautiful! The nest under the cloche with the birds, I LOVE! I am a follower and I will be back!

    Thank you for sharing!

    Lou Cinda :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's all just simply beautiful, Donna! I've just spent the most wonderful time, going through your posts!

    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So beautiful - I remember when your Sweet Hubby found that nest..

    Your Christmas touches are exquisite and whenever I see a tiny Radko ornament, I think of you and your gorgeous tree.

    Merry Christmas Dear One..


    Love,
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Donna,
    I'm commenting all the way from the Nertherlands...
    When I was browsing Pinterest for ideas for Christmas, glass domes in particular, I came across you lovely dome with the birds nest! But when I saw your Santos angel, I was mesmerized. I didn't know what they were, so I educated myself a little bit....she is so beautiful, with her crown on her head,and everything.
    So I've searched online for one, and was very lucky to find an angel for a reasonable price , And from a local private vendor !
    Not a real Santos doll probably, she doesnt have a cage, but a tin skirt. But I'm very excited , and ofcourse she'll need a crown of her own somehow ! Probably make one myself (paper mache ??).
    Anyway, just wanted to inform you, that I used your picture from you blog on mine . Hope that's ok.....
    I love you blog,and the great decorating ideas that you have,
    Warmest regards, Sandra

    ReplyDelete

Everyone loves comments! Thanks for stopping by and for taking a moment to leave a little note. (Comment moderation maybe be on at this time. Simply leave your note, and it will be published shortly.)
Donna