Thursday, January 21, 2010

~ Rosemary & Time

                           
When it's time to put away all the decorations after Christmas, most of us either miss the baubles because the house looks empty, or you are thrilled to have less clutter. For me, it feels like a breath of fresh air, and it reminds me to start the year fresh.  Time to start anew again.




I love the smell of rosemary. Usually at Christmastime  you can find some really pretty cone shaped topiary rosemary plants. (Lowes, Home Depot and many garden shops carry them.)  This one has been sitting on the window sill in the kitchen where I can see when it needs water and it has been doing very well. It's really wonderful in the living room window, but we'll see how long it can stay there without me forgetting to water it.

The pot is terracotta which was painted a few years ago. First I painted it a creamy white, then aged it with some brown/taupe glaze and added a bit of mossy lime green to imitate the moss that would be growing on a pot left outside. 

A little word of warning about these Santos cage dolls. I have recently seen them being sold as "vintage" and they are not. Although they look a little older, they are being made today and imported. Sticking a vintage label on them seems to garnish a higher price.

Thank you for the nice comments on the Hearts For Haiti shop. It is doing so fantastic!

See Y'all Soon~

** HeartsForHaiti.etsy.com Currently raised for Doctors Without Borders (after fees): $16491.12
(as of 6:15 pm EST, January 24, 2010) **

7 comments:

  1. Donna everything you do has such style. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your rosemary plant, Donna! I didn't know you could get them in topiary form at Christmas {but then again, I guess I never looked!}. Love the pot. The details are lovely and I like the way you painted it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hadn't seen rosemary topiaries either.
    I will look for them now. Soooo easy to grow aren't they?

    Thank you for your sweet comment on my Dad's wood sculpture, is was kind of you to stop and leave a comment... have a blessed day Donna!
    Lee

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sissy pretty, you are so funny dear one.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had one of those topiaries a few years back and they do smell wonderful but of course I couldn't keep it alive through the winter. I still love them though.
    You'll probably have better luck where you live. Great looking pot too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a good thing it is to be in the world with someone as lovely as you.
    x
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the scent of rosemary!It is my favorite herb and it belongs to the lavender family another aromatic favorite.I can never keep the toparies alive...seem to dry out. Love the finish to the pot!I enjoyed my vist here!

    ReplyDelete

Everyone loves comments! Thanks for stopping by and for taking a moment to leave a little note. (Comment moderation maybe be on at this time. Simply leave your note, and it will be published shortly.)
Donna