Saturday, November 24, 2018

White & Silver Christmas Mystic Centerpiece - Inspired by Mythic Nest Anthropologie

The Decorated House . Christmas Decoration . Mysthic Crown Nest . Anthropologie Inspired
In 2009 Anthropologie showed a wonderful Christmas decoration that they called the Mythic Nest Tree topper. It did look like the fairies might have created it. I missed it in 2009, and  the knock-offs appeared in Blogland. After seeing it pop up somewhere a few weeks ago, my searching led me to the company which had actually made it for the store. They called it a crown nest. Which made sense as well. The funky natural kingdom meets glitter world was intriguing.

The Decorated House . Christmas Decoration . Mysthic Crown Nest . Anthropologie Inspired
After filing away the image for a while, it kept coming back in my mind how much I loved certain elements, especially from the original ones. So I set out to make my own version that went with the colors and feeling of our Christmas decorating.

The Decorated House . Christmas Decoration . Mysthic Crown Nest . Anthropologie Inspired

The base is a simple cream/white bleached bottle brush wreath that I used as the crown/nest. I added some sparky eyelash silver yarn, and other things that mimic the colors of my favorite found nest. I had a found an abandoned bird nest which the Momma bird built in something that looked like cotton from a field, very soft, fluffy and cream colored, do I also add some yarn was the same color she used in an eyelash style with a tiny bit of gold woven in.

The glittered branches came from a  craft store, and they are glittered better than I could have done with homemade, although you could do that yourself. A few pearl and silver balls adds to the sparkle of the crown, and dried sticks from the outdoors completes the nest look.

Mine turned into a centerpiece for the dining room table with a tall candle in the center. This should be really easy to change a little each year if you decided you wanted a little change.

18 comments:

  1. Donna,
    All of your decorations are just gorgeous! I had to come over and pin them all. Love your sparkly take on Christmas! Have a Merry Christmas!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so beautiful! I also had to pin this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything is Dreamy! I love your beautiful home and spectacular decorations. Enjoy a wonderous Christmas!
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty, Donna! I love all the elements to this and how fairy-like it looks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This holiday season has been extra special every time I receive an email for another one of your posts with your absolutely gorgeous photos. They are fabulous. Keep up the great decorating. You are truly talented!! - Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so beautiful, you did a wonderful job creating this!! I just have to pin this! Have a wonderful Christmas, xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. exquisite .... full of magical sparkles .... love it to bits .... wishing a fabulous xmas xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just absolutely gorgeous! I love the combination of soft creams, and silver!! Just beautiful! Merry Christmas!!
    xoxox
    Cheryl;0)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi there! This is absolutely beautiful!! I saw this and it inspired me to create something similar for my wedding in February. Do you know where I can purchase the bottle brush base? Or if it is called another name? I have looked at a number of the craft stores in town and can't seem to find it. Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The bottle brush wreath came from Joann's (2011) They can be found online as well. But you might want to check and make sure they are not made of plastic like some "bottle brush" items are for instance at Target.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awww this is sooo fabulous and gorgeous! I love those sparkling centerpiece,,, indeed silvery White christmas you got there. Can I share this to my Christmas table decorations Pinterest board? I hope so. Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello and Happy Holidays to you as well Prasad!
    You are welcome to pin directly from the picture and post so that the link will lead back to this post and the blog.
    There are some lovely ideas on your board!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello Donna, these centerpieces are truly magical. I've browse some of your other crafts and creations and they are all so awesome. Keep sharing inspiration. Feel free to stop by anytime.

    Cheers and hugs xxxx
    Marily @ Christmas table decorations

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love love your centrepieces hope you don't mind if I pinned them

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love that idea...it is natural and sparkly at the same time! Thanks for sharing how you made it with us.

    ReplyDelete

Everyone loves comments! Thanks for stopping by and for taking a moment to leave a little note. (Comment moderation maybe be on at this time. Simply leave your note, and it will be published shortly.)
Donna